Thursday, May 14, 2009

Roy Williams questions the questioning

Cowboys receiver Roy Williams isn't sure why people question whether or not he is a number-one receiver.
"I don't know why," Williams said. "I guess I've got to go out there and prove to people that I can play this game. Just because I have a star on the side of my helmet doesn't mean I can't play football now."
Williams goes on to say that people didn't question him in Detroit, where he "was the guy." Technically, the reason he was traded was because Calvin Johnson "was the guy."

But, to be fair, Williams came in mid-season when Tony Romo was hurt.

With a full off-season under his belt as well as being "the guy" with T.O. gone, Williams will have the opportunity to "prove to people that I can play this game."

No comments:

Post a Comment